AERQ launches AERENA Experience Studio as ground infrastructure for their digital platform
Hamburg, 30 May 2023 – AERQ, a provider for digital cabin solutions, launches AERENA Experience Studio as the ground infrastructure for their modular and open IT platform AERENA. The solution brings web application and e-commerce standards to the aircraft cabin. Airlines get the freedom and flexibility to create their own unique digital onboard experience and gain complete, intuitive, and agile control over this experience. AERENA Experience Studio will be accessible via aerena.com. A one-login-only procedure ensures smooth workflows and a seamless user experience for airlines which will be enabled to operate their digital inflight product on a day-to-day basis and to constantly optimise and adapt the digital onboard offerings to their passenger’s needs.
“We are very excited to launch AERENA Experience Studio as the complimenting ground infrastructure to our digital platform AERENA. It will bring several benefits for airlines in the management of their digital onboard experience. Those will result in an improved adoption of digital onboard offerings to passenger’s needs, thereby driving their satisfaction. That content updates will be available onboard within just a few days, instead of weeks and months, is just one of those benefits”, said Arnd Kikker, Co-Managing Director at AERQ.
The solution consists of several key functionalities based on a modular software architecture that leverages container technology:
• AERENA Experience Studio introduces new media content supply chain standards by leveraging cloud-based infrastructure. This shortens content processing from 60 to 90 days to less than a week. The aim is a lead time of 48 hours. In combination with advanced analytics capabilities, it allows an overall pro-active digital experience management and media content curation based on the latest media consumption data. Passengers get the most engaging media content selection and airlines can maximise their Net Promoter Score within a fixed budget.
• AERENA Experience Studio offers commercial flexibility for airlines, as it introduces the concept of day-to-day UI configuration. Together with their content service providers, airlines can easily manage their digital real estate on board and the way all content types are prioritised for certain passenger groups. It enables the creation of just-in-time content collections, managing the order of displaying content and UI customisation for branding purposes.
• AERENA Experience Studio streamlines app development, testing and deployment by offering an end-to-end digital workflow. Starting with development, setting up a dedicated virtual test environment and publishing the app in the marketplace within the solution. The app can be requested, customised, and deployed exactly to fit airlines’ requests and needs.
• AERENA Experience Studio offers a simulator for remote preview and virtual testing of passenger UI and apps for airlines and software developers which supports everyday platform operations and brings entirely new possibilities in conjunction with UI configurability and a fast app deployment process.
• AERENA Experience Studio empowers airline tech ops and maintenance teams by providing them with a detailed overview of system health and supports potential troubleshooting for their fleets.
• AERENA Experience Studio is a one-stop-shop for configuring ads inventory, sourcing, and editing advertising campaigns as well as publishing it in the aircraft.
“AERENA Experience Studio is all about data-driven decision making and driving rapid experimentation like A/B testing. The data analytics capabilities are designed in a way that airline teams can immediately make use of actionable data and pro-actively apply changes to passenger experience to maximise passenger satisfaction and revenue generated on the AERENA platform”, said Son Yob (Louis) Pak, Co-Managing Director at AERQ.
Visitors of the Aircraft Interiors Expo 2023 (AIX), that takes place June 6-8 in Hamburg, will be able to learn all about AERENA Experience Studio at AERQ’s booth 4C20.
AERQ is a joint venture between LG Electronics and Lufthansa Technik. It was founded in 2019 and is headquartered in Hamburg, Germany. With its roots in consumer electronics and aviation it uses the extensive knowledge from both parent companies to develop digital solutions for aircraft cabins. AERQ takes the digital transformation of aircraft cabins to a new level by turning them into spaces for new ideas and business development. Introducing AERENA – the platform for digital engagement, empowerment, and intelligence. Creating revenue, savings and growth through an open IT platform enabled by an inseat system and Cabin Digital Signage. AERENA connects airlines, passengers and selected third party partners to kickstart a new global economy in the sky.
Head of Marketing & Public Relations